The complete guide to Shopify vs. Woocommerce, including Pros and Cons and a detailed review so you can decide which one is better.
(0:28) Pros Of Shopify
(2:00) Pros Of Woocommerce
(3:57) Cons Of Shopify
(5:53) Cons Of Woocommerce
(8:40) Special Offer
Shopify Sign Up:
Siteground Sign Up:
In this video, I will be going in-depth about the advantages and disadvantages of both Shopify and WooCommerce.
1. They have better templates – While WooCommerce also has some great templates, I think the Shopify templates are a little bit more professional.
2. It is easier to use – Shopify is built from the ground up for e-commerce, to make it as simple as possible for people to put their products and sell them online.
3. 24/7 Support – This is part of why Shopify is easier to use. With WooCommerce, you are pretty much on your own since it’s a free plugin to WordPress.
4. It has better addons and apps
5. It integrates better
6. Less can go wrong – With Shopify, you can’t change the checkout page too much. With WooCommerce, you can tinker with it a little bit more but there’s a bigger chance that something will break.
1. It is expensive – While it can be more expensive to start with WooCommerce since a lot of hosting sites make you pay a one-year fee at once, Shopify is still more expensive in the long run.
2. They can shut you down – If you’re in a high-risk country or if you’re selling high-risk products, do not go with Shopify.
3. Third-party apps are more expensive on Shopify than on WooCommerce.
4. Fees – Shopify does charge a fee if you want to use a third-party payment gateway. However, you don’t need to do that. Shopify has its own built-in Payments. The way it works is that every time you get a sale, Shopify takes a 2.9% fee. Depending on what plan you have, that percentage will go down.
1. It is free (kind of) – WooCommerce is a free plugin for WordPress. To have a WooCommerce site, you need a WordPress site. To have a WordPress site, you need to pay a little bit for hosting.
2. It’s customizable – You can change just about everything on your website. It is open-source which means there are a lot of different developers out there working on it and trying to improve it.
3. You’ll never be shut down – The benefit of having a WooCommerce site is you don’t have to go through a 3rd party.
4. It is built with WordPress – WordPress is great for blogging. If you’re going to be doing a lot of blogging with your e-commerce site, if content marketing is a big part of your company, then WordPress is going to make it really easy for you.
1. Technical Difficulties – One of the biggest cons of WooCommerce is that you’re going to have technical problems.
2. Less Integration – It seems that there are a lot of functions that I can get with Shopify that I can’t get with WooCommerce or they won’t work as well as I would like.
3. Setup Payment Gateway – You are going to have to set up payments through either Stripe or Paypal. Either way, there is going to be a 2.9% fee in every transaction.
I currently use both of these platforms. To be honest, it really just depends on the circumstances on why you’re starting an e-commerce website. If you’re willing to pay more for a website that just is reliable, has fewer issues and is more professional, then you can go with Shopify. If you’re on a tight budget, have the technical knowledge, and want to start multiple stores, then you can go with WooCommerce.
Get Your Free Online Store Success Pack Here:
Tools I recommend:
Sign up using one of the links below and I will give you a free 1 on 1 consultation
Assume all links in the video & description are affiliate links and that by using them you are supporting the channel, so thank you!
Fuente – Source
Shopify vs. Woocommerce – Best Ecommerce Platform in 2020?
Necesitas ayuda con wp? Entonces WPVideo es tu sitio.
Encuentra lo que buscas entre cientos de miles de videos y experiencias personales de otros usuarios. Todos los que empezamos con wp deberíamos tener acceso a esta web, ojalá yo hubiera tenido algo así cuando empecé mi camino como webmaster 🙂
Pero ahora quiero y puedo poner esta web a vuestra disposición.
Need help with wp? Then WPVideo is your site.
Find what you are looking for among hundreds of thousands of videos and personal experiences of other users. All of us who started with wp should have access to this website, I wish I had something like that when I started my journey as webmaster 🙂
But now I want and I can put this website at your disposal.
Enjoy it 😉